Although the General Secretariat of the Institute of Arbitration is based in Brussels, adminsitrative center of Europe, it's more than just a Belgian Arbitration Institute.
Many arbitration committees seat abroad with a follow-up of the procedures from Brussels.
International Conventions & Treaties
- New York Convention, 1958
- Geneva Convention, 1961
- Washington Convention, 1965
- Energy Charter Treaty, 1994
- Belgian Judicial Code, part VI, art.1679 to art.1723
- Le moniteur belge - Het Belgisch Staatsblad
Any dispute shall be settled at Brussels by the Arbitral Court designated by the Institute of Arbitration (www.euro-arbitration.org), in accordance with the SDR rules of arbitration (Standard Dispute Rules). This clause replaces all authority clauses contrary to it.
To the recto: A settlement through arbitration forms part of the general conditions mentioned on the back.